Addiction Forum Question

HopetrackerA3's Profile Image
"What does an overdose look like?"
Asked by HopetrackerA3 Seen by 254
My son comes home from work and passes out on the couch every night. I know he's using again. Half the time he's barely responsive, even if I try to wake him up. I'm scared that he's going to have an overdose and I won't even realize it. How do I know if he's overdosing or just passed out? Click here to report this post as inappropriate. flag
Recent Answers Top Answers

Sean D's Profile Image
0 Questions 3 Answers
Asked
If he is barely responsive, I would immediately call an ambulance. Regaining consciousness in a hospital may be the wake-up call he needs in order to see the seriousness of his situation. I would suggest drug testing him to confirm what you suspect and let him know that you cannot have him using in your home.
's Profile Image

Olivia K's Profile Image
1 Questions 87 Answers
Asked
From what it sounds like, your son is using opioids. Someone who has overdosed on opioids will be unresponsive to outside stimulus, have slow breathing, dilated pupils, amongst many other signs. If you are not sure, or he is unresponsive, call 911 immediately.
's Profile Image

View more answers: 1
Hopetracker Icon
Did you find your answer?
We hope you did, but feel free to ask everyone a question of your own.