Drug Rehab In Florida
Recovery from Drugs and Alcohol
The Ambrosia Treatment Centers provide rehabilitation services for drug addiction, alcoholism, and co-occurring mental health disordersa. Drug addiction is a complex illness characterized by intense and, at times uncontrollable drug craving, along with compulsive drug seeking and use that persist even in the face of devastating consequences. While the path to drug addiction generally begins with the voluntary act of taking drugs, over time a person’s ability to choose not to do so becomes compromised, and seeking and consuming the drug becomes compulsive. This behavior results largely from the effects of prolonged drug exposure on brain functioning. Addiction is a brain disease that affects multiple brain circuits, including those involved in reward and motivation, learning and memory, and inhibitory control over behavior. Scientific research shows that treatment can help clients stop using drugs and/or alcohol, avoid relapse, and successfully recover their lives. Based on this research key principles have emerged that should form the basis of any effective treatment programs:
- Addiction is a complex but treatable disease that affects brain function and behavior
- No single treatment is appropriate for everyone and needs to be readily available
- Effective treatment tends to multiple needs of the individual, not just drug abuse
- Remaining in treatment for an adequate period of time is critical
- Counseling—individual and/or group—and other behavioral therapies are the most commonly used forms of drug abuse treatment
- Medications are an important element of treatment for many patients, especially when combined with counseling and other behavioral therapies
- An individual’s treatment and services plan must be assessed continually and modified as necessary to ensure that it meets his or her changing needs
For addiction treatment in a rehab setting, The Ambrosia Treatment Centers are second to none. We are private facilities located in Port St. Lucie, West Palm Beach and Singer Island, Florida. Our staff is one of the most experienced in South Florida with over one hundred years experience in just the primary therapists. Addiction is such a difficult ordeal for anyone to go through. The exclusive and private nature of Ambrosia helps to ease much of the burden of those seeking addiction treatment. Clients of Ambrosia enjoy a comfortable environment which optimizes the client’s treatment experience and enhances the addiction treatment program.
The Physical And Psychological Treatment of Addiction
Although the treatment of addiction is a three-fold process, the symptoms of addiction are a two-fold in nature-physical and psychological. The physical symptoms are primarily treated in detoxification. Generally clients are physically ill from withdrawal symptoms and Ambrosia works with top detox facilities to assist our clients in getting through this process as comfortably as possible. The Ambrosia Treatment Centers then guide the client through the psychological symptom of addiction, treating the disease through the mind, body and spirit. All three parts need to be treated in order for total sobriety to be achieved. Ambrosia’s program encourages clients to not only stop using drugs and alcohol but to examine and change these self destructive behavior patterns using a variety of modalities to heal.